Glorifying God at the End of the Day
The end of the day gives me an opportunity to cultivate humilty, weaken pride, and sense God's pleasure.
1. Avoiding Cosmic Plagiarism
- Plagiarism- taking another person's words or ideas and calling them your own
- Take the time each night to transfer all glory to God for any blessings
- Ascribe glory to no man- me included!
-Deflect other people's praise off me to him throughout the day
2. Biblical Sleep
- View it as a gift from God
- Those who neglect this gift will inevitably suffer consequences
- Sleep reminds me of my dependence on Him
- sleep is an act of faith. I have to trust that He is my sustainer
I find that I am so tired at the end of the day that I just want to sleep. Yet, I want to do all for the Glory of God too, so it seems I need to "renew my mind" on the topic of sleep. I need to go to bed at a decent hour in order for me to have time to ruminate on all the ways I can ascribe glory to God from throughout the day. And, so that I can get up early enough to have time with the Lord in a mentally coherent manner. Oh, how my laziness gets the best of me!
I really like his comments on deflecting other people's praise to me toward God. I seem to always forget to do this, and instead of being a witness to others, I greedily or unconsciously take the praise for myself. In a sense, plagiarising!